posix ps (was Re: Adding `pgrep' and `pkill' to /usr/bin)

Albert Cahalan wrote:
> [snip]
> None yet. Do you happen to know the right people
> at any of the UNIX(R) shops?
 >
> Rough idea of direction:
>
> 1. get some wiki-like thing for editing a document

I'd be happy and willing to set this up. Any preference on the system
used? I can do this immediately.

> 2. define a fair "extended ps" compromise
> 3. based on that, patch the SUSv3 ps specification
> 4. get Linux, one BSD, one SysV, and one OSF/1 to conform
> 5. get some of the changes into SUSv4 (deadline?)

Is there any way I can help with the above? I'm definitely interested in
helping make FreeBSD more standards compliant and helping with
suggestions for standards as well.

Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell

Visit your host, monkey.org