[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
posix ps (was Re: Adding `pgrep' and `pkill' to /usr/bin)
- Subject: posix ps (was Re: Adding `pgrep' and `pkill' to /usr/bin)
- From: albert at users.sf.net (Albert Cahalan)
- Date: Fri Mar 26 17:41:51 2004
On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 20:05, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2004, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 17:51, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> > > "Albert Cahalan" <albert_(_at_)_users_(_dot_)_sourceforge_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Cyrille Lefevre writes:
> > > >
> > > > > two years ago, I've added posix syntax and so to my locally ps(1).
> > > > > for instance, I'm currently adding the notion of dynamic personalities
> > > >
> > > > OK, would YOU be interested in working with me on some sort of
> > > > common ps specification beyond what SUSv3 has to offer? I'd love
> > > > to see something that Sun could adopt, and that could be mostly
> > > > merged into the next revision of the standard.
> > >
> > > why not :)
> > Great. Unless people object, I'll wipe the Cc: list for this.
> Not objecting, but just making sure who is in this before it goes away..
> 1/ Linux ps maintainer.?
> 2/ Someone fro FreeBSD with interest in ps?
yes (Cyrille Lefevre)
> 3/ anyone else?
None yet. Do you happen to know the right people
at any of the UNIX(R) shops?
Rough idea of direction:
1. get some wiki-like thing for editing a document
2. define a fair "extended ps" compromise
3. based on that, patch the SUSv3 ps specification
4. get Linux, one BSD, one SysV, and one OSF/1 to conform
5. get some of the changes into SUSv4 (deadline?)
Visit your host, monkey.org