Updating callout_reset

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Bruce Evans wrote:

> Many callers don't worry much about efficiency and do calculations like
> (hz / 10) to get the timeout.  This is still more efficient than the
> 64-bit divisions and other complications needed to handle general
> conversions of times to timeouts.  (Look at tvtohz().  Note that the
> complications in it have very little to do with struct timeval not
> being a scalar type.  They are to handle representation problems.)
>
> Bruce

I've thought more about this, and although I could debate some points,
you've convinced me that changing the interface without changing the
implementation is totally pointless.  So, if I ever get around to
implementation changes, then I'll come back and we can rediscuss some
of these issues.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack