[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 32-bit/i386 ports/packges on amd64
- To: "Andriy Gapon" <avg_(_at_)_icyb_(_dot_)_net_(_dot_)_ua>
- Subject: Re: 32-bit/i386 ports/packges on amd64
- From: "Jack L." <xxjack12xx_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:29:52 -0700
- Cc: freebsd-amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=JDH3Ql8LXY1Ch81fBhlMXUQL6hM6JxIa6zsZuuJhZOzJiWgVuGlAMZGiZ4IjRrULMd1WMsm9XxcetcphoaYZgGWhcP3JUZx//YBr/JxdGLy8sKiP7+HkpeYr7wV19XDwk/G7A4zFcfpf4tZzDYKSLy3AzKkGiXF20gQXSxzyAfk=
Isn't it a little bit ironic that using *Linux* 32-bit packages on amd64
is a supported and easy option, but using FreeBSD i386 packages is a
gray, if not dark, territory ?
BTW, it seems that various Linux distros have developed ways for easy
co-existence of x86 and x86_64 packages.
Yes, it is odd... I couldn't get the amd64 shoutcast to work (I think
it should be marked as i386 only) but I did get the linux-shoutcast to
work on amd64 which is 32 bit. Very interesting indeed. Would be nice
if amd64 supported i386 as well as it does with linux 32 bit.
freebsd-amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-amd64-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org