Re: Two ethernet one IP load balancing ?

On 3/8/07, Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass_(_at_)_teledomenet_(_dot_)_gr> wrote:

On Thursday 08 March 2007 14:32, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
>

> > Why do you think that the network is the bottleneck
> > in your setup? Do you have a system that can process
> > - in some way - 1Gb of email per second?
>
> That is not ONLY smtp traffic we extensively use IMAP
> and there are currently 400/500 IMAP processes on the
> machine , this protocol is a pretty bandwidth cruncher
>
> the machine support also POP3 + WEBMAIL traffic so ...
> the more it will have bandwidth, better will be the
> email service given to my users.

You say that your servers (whatever that is IMAP, SMTP,
POP3, web) running on an one and only computer are pushing
down the wire over 1Gbps?

What's your current bandwidth utilization?

The freebsd port channeling support (I think it's called trunk in openbsd)
is very limited. You have ng_one2many which let you aggregate two interfaces
using round robin loadbalancing and ng_fec with uses fast ethernet channel.
There isn't any LACP support yet :|

What hardware do you use to push 1gbps on a mail server?

Cheers
--
Alexandre Vieira - nullpt_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com