Re: openoffice support and other ports

Steve Kargl wrote:
On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 11:51:25AM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
Steve Kargl wrote:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:39:54PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
Are they really AMD64 ports or do they still need some ia32-compat-tweaks?

Yes.

All right, for those, like me, who are not as fast as others in sucking in informations:
This means I do not need the 32-Bit compatibility-crap anymore?

Probably, yes.  However, I keep the 32-bit linux emulation for
the occasion odd application, for example, acroread.  Although
xpdf is fast and rendered good looking docs, there are some
convenient features in acroread.

Oh, I see. The Linux stuff is still there for bootstrapping ... That I meant with 'crap' ... As long as I'm with FreeBSD now, I ran into trouble in building the JAVA stuff. I never figured out what it was. Waiting for some updates (anywhere) solved the problem.