Re: openoffice support and other ports

Andrew Reilly wrote:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:39:54PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
Are they really AMD64 ports or do they still need some ia32-compat-tweaks?
I wonder if JAVA  is now fully 64Bit.

Fully 64-bit here.  Remember that AMD64 is now just about Sun's
primary Java platform, so you would expect it to be fairly well
tweaked.

The only gotchas for happy-happy amd64 desktop is lack of Nvidia
graphics card drivers and lack of vm86-mode so that green.ko can
use VESA BIOS calls to use DPMI to switch my monitor off.  These
may come, eventually, but for now I'm happy with un-accellerated
VESA graphics (even xorg's nv driver was giving me problems) and
learning to reach over and switch the monitor off manually...

Cheers,

Well, I see, I was in some 'somnium' and it seems I missed some developments. Well, this sounds really good!