[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: openoffice support and other ports
- To: Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd_(_at_)_areilly_(_dot_)_bpc-users_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: openoffice support and other ports
- From: "O. Hartmann" <ohartman_(_at_)_uni-mainz_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:53:27 +0200
- Cc: amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org, "O. Hartmann" <ohartman_(_at_)_mail_(_dot_)_uni-mainz_(_dot_)_de>
Andrew Reilly wrote:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:39:54PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
Are they really AMD64 ports or do they still need some ia32-compat-tweaks?
I wonder if JAVA is now fully 64Bit.
Fully 64-bit here. Remember that AMD64 is now just about Sun's
primary Java platform, so you would expect it to be fairly well
The only gotchas for happy-happy amd64 desktop is lack of Nvidia
graphics card drivers and lack of vm86-mode so that green.ko can
use VESA BIOS calls to use DPMI to switch my monitor off. These
may come, eventually, but for now I'm happy with un-accellerated
VESA graphics (even xorg's nv driver was giving me problems) and
learning to reach over and switch the monitor off manually...
Well, I see, I was in some 'somnium' and it seems I missed some
developments. Well, this sounds really good!
freebsd-amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-amd64-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org