Re: openoffice support and other ports

Sean McNeil wrote:
Hi folks,

AMD64 support by the most popular and useful ports for a desktop
environment are in great shape.  I now can natively:

1) Use all the GNOME environment with few problems.  This has been
working a long time.

2) Use Java 1.5 with eclipse without issue.  This has been around for a
few months.

3) Use OpenOffice.  So far, I've edited a few MS Word and a PowerPoint
presentation with great success.  This is very recent.  Only a couple of
days since this has worked.  Great job!

The only thing missing that would cap it all off is a Java plug-in to
the web browser.

There are occasional crashes with some applications like evolution (only
on exit) and Liferea, but overall everything has been rock solid and
extremely usable.

Cheers,
Sean

Are they really AMD64 ports or do they still need some ia32-compat-tweaks?
I wonder if JAVA  is now fully 64Bit.

oliver