[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
openoffice support and other ports
- To: amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: openoffice support and other ports
- From: Sean McNeil <sean_(_at_)_mcneil_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:32:24 -0700
AMD64 support by the most popular and useful ports for a desktop
environment are in great shape. I now can natively:
1) Use all the GNOME environment with few problems. This has been
working a long time.
2) Use Java 1.5 with eclipse without issue. This has been around for a
3) Use OpenOffice. So far, I've edited a few MS Word and a PowerPoint
presentation with great success. This is very recent. Only a couple of
days since this has worked. Great job!
The only thing missing that would cap it all off is a Java plug-in to
the web browser.
There are occasional crashes with some applications like evolution (only
on exit) and Liferea, but overall everything has been rock solid and
freebsd-amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-amd64-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"