console in 1024x768 mode?

I've been waiting for this since the beginning of 2003 now.  In
between I moved away from using freebsd, as working on default console
resolution was a pain and so I chose linux and its readily available
hiRes console.

Now I'm back to freebsd.

I tried putting "options VESA" in kernel but buildkernel said
unsupported option.

SO  my first question: Are we there yet?

--
Nonchalantly yours
GobbledeGeek