[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SMP system not running SMP
- To: FreeBSD AMD list <freebsd-amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: SMP system not running SMP
- From: seebs_(_at_)_plethora_(_dot_)_net (Peter Seebach)
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:12:16 -0500
- Reply-to: Peter Seebach <seebs_(_at_)_plethora_(_dot_)_net>
In message <E43C8266-1A60-49D5-868F-1569DB1C3EFC_(_at_)_khera_(_dot_)_org>, Vivek Khera writes
>On Jun 23, 2006, at 7:07 AM, Peter Seebach wrote:
>> There are two possible paths to fixing this: One is to make SMP
>> work without
>> ACPI. Since NetBSD was booting SMP on this machine with ACPI
>> disabled in the
>> BIOS, I assume that's theoretically possible. The other is to
>> figure out
>Just jumping in this thread mid-stream (since I just recognized your
>name from the old BSDI days)...
Hey! Good to see you agin!
>did you try just disabling ACPI timer
>only? This seems to be quite a popular cause of hang during boot.
>I have one box that needs it.
I did not. I will investigate this, it sounds inherently plausible.
freebsd-amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-amd64-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org