[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: amd64 does not see all 4 GB RAM on tyan GT24
- To: Vivek Khera <vivek_(_at_)_khera_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: amd64 does not see all 4 GB RAM on tyan GT24
- From: Scott Long <scottl_(_at_)_samsco_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:15:53 -0700
- Cc: freebsd-amd64 List <freebsd-amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
Vivek Khera wrote:
On Nov 7, 2005, at 3:23 PM, Norberto Meijome wrote:
Hi there, same board/server (different opteron), 4 GB, only 3 GB too
(havent got access to BIOS atm to check what it sees, but pretty sure
it was more than 3 GB). Running first version of BIOS code, will be
updating it soon and will let u know if that makes any difference.
There was a discussion about this problem on this very list around
mid-august. Check the archives for "BIOS memory hole"
This is a larger hole than I would expect, though. That's why I was
interested in getting the SMAP table from this machine. Not sure why
his verbose output didn't include it.
freebsd-amd64_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-amd64-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"