Can't compile jdk15 on amd64 5.3-STABLE

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 02:33:42PM -0500, Nicolas Blais wrote:
> So far I've been running linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.06_1 successfully on my box and
> works great in konqueror but not at all in firefox. So I tried to compile
> jdk15 and it gives me the following error:
> I googled around and found
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2005-February/003446.html and
> several replies but no real fix for me. Apparently I'm not the only one in
> this situation.
>
> From what I understand, the command "javac" that is executed before the fail
> point is 25814 characters long and on my 5.3-STABLE machine I max out at
> 16384 characters (according to many configure scripts).

I'm willing to MFC what ever is needed to make this work, but I really
can't parse this.

You can build jdk15 on FreeBSD/AMD64 6-CURRENT, right?
You cannot build jdk15 on FreeBSD/AMD64 6-CURRENT, right?
You feel this is due to a difference in the maxium command line size (in
characters), right?

--
-- David  (obrien_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org)

Visit your host, monkey.org