[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Amd64 install problems
- Subject: Amd64 install problems
- From: tgabi at belent.com (Gabriel Tataranu)
- Date: Mon Aug 9 18:22:51 2004
I'm trying to install FreeBSD 5.2.1 (amd64) without too much success. I have
all sorts of problems right from start.
- partitioning is OK, creating the slices fails with the message
"Unable to find device node /dev/da0s1b" (the swap in this case). I tried
creating a single slice (2GB), same message different device. After creating
partitions with FreeBSD 4.10 the install process ended successfully.
- sshd fails with several "Bad prime description in line xx"
- all sort of strange behaviour - like ee locking hard, kernel panics
Some hardware data: AMD64 2800 on VIA K8M800 based motherboard, 2x 512 MB
DDR 400, Adapted 29160 with scsi drive (tried IDE - no difference), IDE
CDROM. All hardware seems working fine (run memtest86 fine) and detected by
BTW, I tried 4.10-RELEASE on the same computer and seems OK apart from swap
partition that is 1 GB and top was showing 2 GB.
Any ideeas ?
Visit your host, monkey.org