[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: No X server on Alpha?
- To: Anton Shterenlikht <mexas_(_at_)_bristol_(_dot_)_ac_(_dot_)_uk>
- Subject: Re: No X server on Alpha?
- From: Richard Loken <richardlo_(_at_)_admin_(_dot_)_athabascau_(_dot_)_ca>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:07:13 -0700
- Cc: freebsd-alpha_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> > Does anyone know why xorg-server is marked not for alpha?
> no, but gcc42 is also marked not for alpha, but builds fine on my ds10l.
> Perhaps you could comment this line and give it a try.
I agree, force the port to install. And, by the way, most alphas run with
serial terminals but not all. I am running X on my PC164 and it works
just fine but my card choices were limited and I found I needed an SVGA
card with LOTS of on board memory to do what could be done with any junky
S3 card when running Linux on Intel.
Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS : "Anybody can be a father
Athabasca University : but you have to earn
Athabasca, Alberta Canada : the title of 'daddy'"
** richardlo_(_at_)_admin_(_dot_)_athabascau_(_dot_)_ca ** : - Lynn Johnston
freebsd-alpha_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-alpha-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"