[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: AFS ... or equivalent ...
- To: "Jason C. Wells" <jcw_(_at_)_highperformance_(_dot_)_net>
- Subject: Re: AFS ... or equivalent ...
- From: Matt Benjamin <matt_(_at_)_linuxbox_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 00:50:12 -0500
- Cc: rees_(_at_)_umich_(_dot_)_edu, port-freebsd_(_at_)_openafs_(_dot_)_org, freebsd-fs_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org, Robert Watson <rwatson_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>, freebsd-afs_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org, "Marc G. Fournier" <freebsd_(_at_)_hub_(_dot_)_org>, Derrick J Brashear <shadow_(_at_)_dementia_(_dot_)_org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A lot of work has been done over the last several years, by Derrick,
Jim, and others. I haven't worked with the freebsd port until recently,
although I work on the cache mgr in general these last couple years.
(Also, Derrick says, fixing kern/75710 will help him be more productive
on freebsd. He sent a patch, and is grumpy it stalled out somewhere.)
Jason C. Wells wrote:
| Matt Benjamin wrote:
|> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
|> Hash: SHA256
|> Hi guys (took a few locations off the cc, hope that's ok...),
| I am pretty sure that the larger number of the people in this discussion
| are already subscribed to port-freebsd_(_at_)_openafs_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_ No one piped up so
| I'll make a proposal. I invite the others to subscribe to
| port-freebsd_(_at_)_openafs_(_dot_)_org and use it for porting efforts.
| Matt, it looks like your the one with the desire to work this in
| earnest. It also looks like some pretty capable people are speaking up
| about OpenAFS. I'm thrilled.
| If you can post a port or patches to a website on a regular basis I will
| gladly try to build them on regular basis. I'll help in my userly way.
| Jason C. Wells
The Linux Box
206 South Fifth Ave. Suite 150
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
freebsd-afs_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-afs-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org