Re: AFS ... or equivalent ...

For those of you who haven't seen this. Here is my rudimentary port. It is nothing more than the FreeBSD parts wrapped around the OpenAFS source. I think I was working on version 5 of FreeBSD but I don't recall for sure. This was version OpenAFS 1.4.2. It compiled. The kernel module loaded. I was able to get tokens using the system heimdal. I even got a directory listing via the client. Attempting to manipulate files resulted in an immediate panic.

http://www.stradamotorsports.com/~jcw/openafs/

I would advise those who are interested to discuss and choose a mailing list for continuing the effort. We are currently writing four different lists in this thread.

I'll test whatever you guys come up with. I'll be running FreeBSD-6.3 real soon now.

Later,
Jason