[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: AFS ... or equivalent ...
- To: Robert Watson <rwatson_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: AFS ... or equivalent ...
- From: "Jason C. Wells" <jcw_(_at_)_highperformance_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:54:35 -0800
- Cc: rra_(_at_)_stanford_(_dot_)_edu, rees_(_at_)_umich_(_dot_)_edu, port-freebsd_(_at_)_openafs_(_dot_)_org, freebsd-fs_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org, matt_(_at_)_linuxbox_(_dot_)_com, freebsd-afs_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org, "Marc G. Fournier" <freebsd_(_at_)_hub_(_dot_)_org>, openafs-devel_(_at_)_openafs_(_dot_)_org, freebsd-questions_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org
For those of you who haven't seen this. Here is my rudimentary port.
It is nothing more than the FreeBSD parts wrapped around the OpenAFS
source. I think I was working on version 5 of FreeBSD but I don't
recall for sure. This was version OpenAFS 1.4.2. It compiled. The
kernel module loaded. I was able to get tokens using the system heimdal.
I even got a directory listing via the client. Attempting to manipulate
files resulted in an immediate panic.
I would advise those who are interested to discuss and choose a mailing
list for continuing the effort. We are currently writing four different
lists in this thread.
I'll test whatever you guys come up with. I'll be running FreeBSD-6.3
real soon now.
freebsd-afs_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-afs-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"