[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Crash after undocking Dell Lat. d430
- To: Olivier Fauchon <olivier_(_at_)_aixmarseille_(_dot_)_com>
- Subject: Re: Crash after undocking Dell Lat. d430
- From: "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <gaijin_(_dot_)_k_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:42:02 -0400
- Cc: freebsd-acpi_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:to:cc :in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version :x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; bh=sUi44HGyLndJqfDHUQ63ENY9rAb/OuUDFiT+MeuijYA=; b=A9ivRp6K20pc1R/5Cw307daROBQZxsU+sOuihg4ZOVFZ7MImdSqPkcNIsC9qJ5OkEP rbDL3y30sopbqTp7x4cTeSPN8IfgMCK710MkPnjS6tgPAi34HLWaB7JkP+1pTDDh1dS+ RnJKyEYgb4M/Djw+Xhb9RQFoNo61tvz2WpdZ4=
On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 18:20 +0200, Olivier Fauchon wrote:
> I'm running SMP FreeBSD7 on Dell Latitude d430.
> I have dell dockstation (for connecting office display, keyboard mouse ...)
> Last week, I tried to undock the laptop (While working in X session) ,
> and laptop crashed.
> Do FreeBSD support docking/undocking, can you tell me if it's
> transparent, or if there are commands to run before undocking ? maybe
> ways to debug it ?
FWIW: I routinely dock and undock my ThinkPad X61. If I do not forget to
unmount ATA drive in the UltraBay, or one of the USB drives, plugged
into the dock, things work rather well. I normally plug my USB mouse
into one of the dock's USB ports -- this does not seem to require any
Is it possible that you have something in the dock that does not like
being yanked? I woould recommend starting by comparing output of
'pciconf -l' in both states.
I am tracking RELENG_7 somewhat lazily.
> The dockstation seems to have a 'undock' button which doesn't react
> under freebsd.
Mine actually does -- it turns off red led and unlocks the laptop.
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)
freebsd-acpi_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-acpi-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org