On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 01:38:52PM -0500, Jung-uk Kim wrote: > Please test the following patch on -CURRENT: > > http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpica-import-20071114.diff.gz > > I believe it should apply for RELENG_7 as well. FYI, ACPI-CA changes > from the -CURRENT is here: > > http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpica-changes-20070320-20071114.txt OK; working from a just-built-this-morning HEAD, I fetched the patch & applied it with no problems. Building was also uneventful. :-} Booting was OK, up to the point where I tried to use one of my scripts that uses getopt(1); at that point -- where I had been successful with the unpatched HEAD -- I got: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol "__mb_sb_limit" referenced from COPY relocation in getopt Usage: /usr/local/sbin/mk_table [-d] [-f] [-s] [-t] [-v] [-T table#] directory|files... set_ip RC was 512 for command "/bin/sh /etc/rc.firewall-post-dhcp -i 184.108.40.206 -m 255.255.255.192 -g 220.127.116.11 -b 18.104.22.168 -n 22.214.171.124" (The script that uses getopt(1) is /usr/local/sbin/mk_table, which I use to populate an IPFW table; I've attached a copy for reference. In turn, the script was being invoked from a Perl script I was using to set a NIC's IP address on a network that doesn't seem to have a DHCP server. Neither script is very exciting.) Oh: this is an i386: localhost(8.0-C) uname -a FreeBSD localhost 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #594: Fri Nov 16 12:16:52 PST 2007 root_(_at_)_localhost:/common/S4/obj/usr/src/sys/CANARY i386 localhost(8.0-C) I'm quite willing to test patches; I keep a private copy of the FreeBSD CVS repository on this laptop to facilitate such things. (And recovering from them....) Peace, david -- David H. Wolfskill david_(_at_)_catwhisker_(_dot_)_org Proprietary data formats obfuscate, rather than disseminate, information. See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.
Description: PGP signature