i386/79080: acpi thermal changes freezes HP nx6110

Hello the list, Nate,

link to pr: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=79080

Nate, I am really sorry to send directly to you this mail but it seems
that 	freebsd-acpi_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org delete attached document. I send again
the ASL for HP nx6110. Your mail adress is in the pr, I apologize if I
made a mistake by adressing to you.

I made some more test under load (make -j4 buildworld + compilation of
firefox and vlc while using opera under xorg), here are my

Pavel Rydvan stated in the pr that if the temperature doesn't change
there is no problem. In fact, it is not completely true: problem
arises when ACx _increase_. When it decreases if there is a freeze it
is unnoticable.

After a variable number of freezes (usually 4-5) the usb mouse usm0
stop responding while the  pad on psm0 works fine. Without ACPI the
usm doesn't works at all.

If I manually set hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active then there is no more
problem (apart from the thermal function of ACPI becomes useless).

Pavel Rydvan said that it is due to IRQ storm, I can't dig deeper this
because I don't know how to do.

What is _very_ surprising for me is that on 6.2 there is absolutely no
problem. Everything worked fine out of the box. I don't know how to
compile acpi.ko from 6.2 to test it under 7, if someone can explain me
how to do... (or send it to me by mail ;-) ).

freebsd-acpi_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-acpi-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"

Visit your host, monkey.org