[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Broken Compaq ML530 G1 ACPI.
- To: "FreeBSD Questions Mailing List" <freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Broken Compaq ML530 G1 ACPI.
- From: "David Robillard" <david_(_dot_)_robillard_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:52:50 -0400
- Cc: freebsd-acpi_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
We have some Compaq ML530 G1 machines and I would like to upgrade them
to FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p7. Unfortunately, the ACPI seems to be broken
and the systems freeze when booting with ACPI.
I did not find a whole lot of info on the mailing list archives. Just this post
from which I tried the patch. But it fails to compile.
I then tried using my own AML file built with acpidump(8) and changing
loader.conf(5) with the following
acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/acpi_dsdt.aml" # You may change this name.
But again it failed miserably.
Can anyone give me a hand with this problem? I am not a member of the
freebsd-acpi mailing list, so please reply to me at this address.
UNIX systems administrator, CISSP
Montreal: +1 514 966 0122
freebsd-acpi_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-acpi-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org