resume fails on hp nc6220

Hi,

Matthew Garrett contacted Nate Lawson some time ago relating a IDE/PCI
resume problem with the HP 6220. Actually the response was, this issue
is worked around in FreeBSD with a retry loop.
Actually resume does not succeed on my nc6220.
On resume there is some kind of activity (probe of CD, some LEDs) but
the video does not resume (I assume the system freezes).

Are there any ideas/comments/solutions available?

Thanks

Gernot

PS: References:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/3/13/88